Hampton Methodist Church

Hampton Methodist Church is a member of the Teddington Methodist Circuit, one of five Methodist churches in the circuit, which also include Teddington Methodist Church, Hanworth Methodist Church, Sunbury Methodist Church and East Molesey Methodist Church. We are also members of Churches Together Around Hampton and the Methodist Church of Great Britain.

History of Methodism in Hampton

1861 – The first chapel, Church Street

The first Methodist Chapel was opened at what is now 17, Church Street in Hampton in 1861, as part of the Richmond Circuit of churches. In 1887 Hampton, along with East Molesey, Teddington, Sunbury and Hanworth churches, left this Circuit and became the new Hampton Court Circuit. This was renamed the Teddington Circuit in 1892, and remains so today, with the same five churches.

1926 – The new site in Percy Road

The first Church in Percy Road (now the Hall) was opened on 27th March 1926, by Mrs J Raybould, with the opening service conducted by Dr Dinsdale T Young.

1963 – The new church

2021 – The church today

In 2011, we celebrated 150 years of Methodism in Hampton!

Ministers/Pastors of Hampton Methodist Church
Past & Present

2020-present Rev. Kan Yu

2013-2020       Rev. Vicci Davidson

2008-2013       Mr Ben Haslam

2005-2008       Rev. David Woodward

2002-2005       Mrs Janet Brown

1996-2002       Mr Jim Stockley

1987-1996       Rev. Ronald F Kemp

1982-1987       Rev. J Arnold Clay

1973-1982       Rev. Harry A Dodd

1968-1973       Rev. Peter H Mundy

1962-1968       Rev. Donald S Hailey

1958-1962       Rev. Ronald D Redman

1954-1958       Rev. Martin H Yeomans

1950-1954       Rev. Victor Taylor

1946-1950       Rev. Francis V Burns

1942-1946       Rev. Geoffrey W Collinson

1936-1942       Rev. Harry Holroyd

1931-1936       Rev. F J Bushby Quine

1928-1931       Rev. F E Lines

1926-1928       Rev. M Ferdinand Crewdson

1920-1926       Rev. W Jackson Bush

1916-1920       Rev. George R Forde

1914-1916       Rev. Armand J T Le Gros

1913-1914       Rev. C R Burroughs

1910-1913       Rev. Francis W Moon

1909-1910       Rev. William T Gill

1904-1906       Rev. C O Eldridge

1900-1904       Rev. John Palmer

1897-1900       Rev. William Henry Groves

1894-1897       Rev. William Rapson

1890-1894       Rev. James Walter

1888-1890       Rev. S Burrow

1888                Rev. William Edward Sellers

Join us in worship!

Hampton Mission Partnership

Hampton Methodist Church

Percy Road, Hampton, TW12 2JT

[email protected]

Any issues with the website? Please email [email protected]